Pork Tenderloin Steam Roasted With Ginger Miso SauceFrom mandyf 9 years ago
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cleaned shopping list
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning the meat shopping list
- 2 tablespoons miso paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine) shopping list
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim meat and season with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, grate the fresh ginger and add sake and miso. Mix to form a paste. Set aside.
- Preheat a large saute pan and add 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Then brown the pork loin on all sides and remove from the heat and cool. (Hint: a splatter guard will come in handy if you have one.)
- Once cool, take the miso paste mix and coat the pork. Place on a sheet of heavy duty foil, and wrap to form an air tight pack. Place in oven directly on rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pork reaches 140 degrees (med-rare).
- Remove from the oven, and let rest 5 minutes. Open the foil packet. Slice and serve.
The Cookmandyf Oakland, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!