Chicken Alfredo Sub SandwichFrom oscurotrophic 6 years ago
How to make it
- Depending on whether you want to buy all of the ingredients premade or not is up to you. Precooked chicken tenders can be purchased at any grocery store and just heated in the microwave, or your can purchase the raw chicken and grill up two tenders lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder until they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. To get the recipe just right, I recommend breaded chicken tenders either baked or fried.
- Once you've arrived at your chicken choice, cook it or heat it appropriately. Get your toaster oven going at about 400 degrees.
- Heat up your Alfredo sauce either in the microwave or on the stovetop in a saucepan, and set it aside.
- Cut open your sub roll to receive the chicken tenders, lay them in there and pour over the Alfredo sauce. Liberally sprinkle the mozzarella over top that. It's going to be the glue of your sandwich.
- Prop the whole thing on a baking tray cheese up so it can get nice and melty. If your sandwich won't stand, I put two mixing beaters on either side of the sandwich as braces..
- Toast long enough for the cheese to melt, about five minutes or so. Remove carefully and enjoy!