Spicy Pork Chops With Scallion RiceFrom october25 8 years ago
- 1 (8.8-oz) package ready cook brown rice shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground Aleppo pepper or 1/8 tsp. cayenne shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. coarsly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 (1/4 lb.) boneless pork loin chops, about 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 2 scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c. finely shredded fresh basil shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the rice according to the package directions and keep warm. Mix the Aleppo pepper, 1/2 tsp. of the salt, and 1/2 tsp. of the black pepper in a small bowl. Rub the pepper mixture on both sides of the pork.
- Add the pork to the skillet and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a chop registers 160 degrees, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Stir the scallions, basil, lemon zest, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper into the rice. Serve at once with the pork.
The Cookoctober25 Arvada, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!