Basic Yellow CakeFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt with a wire whisk.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until completely combines. Slowly add flour alternately with milk. At end of addition batter should be smooth. Divide between 2 pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then invert onto a rack and cool completely before frosting.
- For a 9 x 13 pan - Baked at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes.