Chicken Fried RiceFrom christajoy 6 years ago
- 1 T. toasted sesame oil or cooking oil shopping list
- 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 2 T. cooking oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 oz. whole mushrooms, large ones quartered, medium ones cut in half, small ones leave whole (mushrooms shrink when cooked, keep them big enough so they don't disappear into the rice) shopping list
- 1 cup julienne/matchstick carrots shopping list
- 1 cup peas shopping list
- 9-12 T. reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 6-9 T. dry white wine or water shopping list
- Dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 cups (before cooking) instant rice, cooked & chilled shopping list
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded shopping list
- 3 thinly sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Tilt pan to completely cover bottom of pan with oil. Add eggs, lifting and tilting the skillet to form a thin layer. Cook for 1 minute or until egg is set. Invert skillet over a cutting board to remove cooked egg. Cut egg into short narrow strips. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir 2 T. oil, garlic, mushrooms and carrots about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are as done as you like them.
- Add peas to skillet. Cook until crisp-tender, just a minute or two.
- Stir in 9 T. soy sauce, 6 T. wine and cayenne pepper.
- Add egg strips, cooked rice, cooked chicken and green onions. Stir to combine. If mixture looks too dry, or you like more sauce, add more soy sauce, wine and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until mixture is heated thru, about 5-10 minutes.