Four Bean ChiliFrom gennymac 6 years ago
- 1 cup dried kidney beans shopping list
- 1 cup dried pinto beans shopping list
- 1 cup dried black beans shopping list
- 1 cup dried lima beans shopping list
- 2 tbs canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions (approx 3 medium) shopping list
- 6 large garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (approx 1 large) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped red pepper ( approx 1 large) shopping list
- 1 - 2 jalapeno peppers, minced shopping list
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with the juice shopping list
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes with juice, chopped coursely shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin seed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (to taste) shopping list
- 1 tbs paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- Optional: sour cream and cilantro for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and sort the beans, soak them in enough water to cover them, for 6 - 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the beans, and put them in a large soup pot with 8 cups of fresh water.
- Bring the beans to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until tender but not mushy
- While the beans are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, garlic, peppers, and jalapenos until soft, about 5 mins.
- When the beans are tender, stir the sauteed vegetables into the pot. add the crushed and whole tomatoes and juice, the cinnamon, salt, cumin seed, cayenne, paprika, and coriander.
- Stir well and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls, add cilantro or sour cream if desired.
The Cookgennymac Covington, Georgia
- Not added to any groups yet!