Tequila Hot WingsFrom grizzlybear 4 years ago
- 3 pounds chicken wings, about 21 to 22 wings, separated shopping list
- at the joints, wing tips discarded shopping list
- 1/2 cup tequila shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon cracked fresh pepper shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce, or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest shopping list
- 2 long strips orange zest, curled into spirals for garnish shopping list
- 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges for garnish fresh cilantro shopping list
- sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Lay in a single layer in a large glass baking dish. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients except orange zest spirals, lime wedges, and cilantro sprigs for garnish. Pour mixture over the chicken wings. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning chicken wings several times.
- Heat oven to 350F. Remove chicken wings from marinade and arrange in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake chicken wings for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into a saucepan, place on the stove and bring to a full boil; reduce by half, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the wings from the oven and preheat the broiler. Brush the wings with the reduced marinade and broil, 4 to 6 inches from source of heat, until wings are crisp and brown, turning wings 2 or 3 times and brushing with marinade. (Wings may be made ahead to this point and wrapped in aluminum foil. Rewarm in a 300F oven, opening the foil packet to uncover the wings.)
- To serve, arrange the wings on a heated serving platter. Garnish with spirals of orange zest, lime wedges, and cilantro sprigs. Serve warm.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!