Tomatoes Stuffed With Green RiceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup medium-grain white rice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 large tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil plus some whole leaves for garnish shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to a boil.
- Add ice and salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Oil a baking dish just large enough to hold the tomatoes snugly.
- Cut off a slice 1/2 inch thick from the top of each tomato and reserve.
- Using a small spoon scoop out the tomato seeds and juice and place in a sieve set over a bowl. Arrange tomatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- Add to the rice the tomato juice, olive oil, basil, parsley, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix well then spoon into hollowed out tomatoes dividing evenly.
- Cover each tomato with its top.
- Bake until rice is tender about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot or at room temperature garnished with the whole basil leaves.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!