Coffee TiramisuFrom umtali 5 years ago
- 3 medium eggs shopping list
- 2 TBS castor sugar shopping list
- 500g mascarpone cheese shopping list
- large cup strong black coffee, cooled shopping list
- 5 TBS sweet marsala or a coffee liqueur shopping list
- 3 TBS brandy shopping list
- Enough sponge fingers to layer your serving glasses twice shopping list
- dark chocolate for grating shopping list
- cocoa powder for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar until pale and creamy.
- Whisk in the mascarpone until combined.
- In a spotlessly clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt to form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture and set aside.
- Divide the sponge fingers among your serving glasses, breaking to fit and gently pressing down.
- Mix together the coffee, brandy and liqueur and pour it over the sponge fingers (just enough to wet them)
- Spoon a layer of your marscarpone mixture pressing it down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Repeat this process with the remaning fingers and mascarpone finishing with a layer of mascarpone.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours - or at least one hour :-)
- Just before serving dust with the cocoa powder and sprinkle some grated chocolate over.