Fish Fillets With Coconut MilkFrom jfcmuchacho 5 years ago
- 1 Kg of frozen Thick fish fillets shopping list
- 1 red pepper shopping list
- 1 green pepper shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander shopping list
- 1 can (400 ml) of peeled tomatoes or 6 fresh tomatoes, peeled shopping list
- 2 x 200 ml bottles (or 400 ml can) of coconut milk shopping list
- salt shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- 20 ml ( 4 tsp) olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Defrost the fish and season it with salt and white pepper.
- Dice the onion in small cubes, the garlic in thin slices. Open and clean the peppers, removing seeds and white areas. Cut them in stripes alongside. If you choose the fresh tomatoes, peel them and remove the seeds and make lillte cubes. Cut the coriander very thinly.
- In a frying pan, large enough to lay the fish side by side, place the garlic, the onion, half of the coriander , the peppers and the olive oil.
- A litlle salt.
- When the onions are transparent, place the fish on top on the vegetable mixture.
- When the fish becomes white, cover it with the tomatoes and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- If the coconut milk is solid, place the bottle or can in hot water. Shake and pour the milk onto the frying pan.
- Add the rest of the coriander and let it slowly cook for 5 minutes
- Shake the pan ,(don´t use a spoon) so the coconut milk is well mixed with the tomatoes.
- Serve with plain white rice.