Mushroom and Sun Dried Tomato PizzaFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pizza shell (recipe below) shopping list
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (recipe below) shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded shopping list
- 4 dried sun dried tomatoes cut in strips shopping list
- Pizza shell: shopping list
- 1 package yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for pan shopping list
- 6 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups warm water shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup white onion minced shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper minced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 6 ounces tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix pizza shell ingredients together and allow to rise 40 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 parts and refrigerate 2 parts for future use.
- Spread remaining part in oiled pizza pan and dimple dough with fingers.
- Pour 1 cup sauce over shell
- To make sauce pour oil in deep heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and green pepper then cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook stirring, until vegetables are tender.
- Add water then stir in tomato paste and sprinkle sauce with basil, oregano and parsley.
- Lower heat and allow to simmer 5 minutes then stir in salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer stirring constantly for 30 minutes.
- Sauté mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes then spread over top of sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Top with mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes then bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!