Five-Bean SoupFrom winslow1204 10 years ago
- 3 cubes beef bouillon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup bacon bits shopping list
- 1/4 c. mixed vegetable flakes shopping list
- 4 qts. water shopping list
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil (optional) shopping list
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans of whole peeled tomatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. dried pinto beans shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. white kidney beans shopping list
- 1 c. dry kidney beans shopping list
- 1 c. dry lima beans shopping list
- 1 c. dry garbanzo beans shopping list
- 1/2 c. dried minced onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp. paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. mustard powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chicken bouillon powder shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by measuring the pinto, navy, kidney, lima, and garbanzo beans.
- Combine this mixture in an airtight container.
- In order to make the seasoning mix, you will take a large ziploc bag and add the onion, paprika, salt, mustart powder, garlic, chicken bouillon powder, beef broth, parsley, bacon bits, and then the vegetable flakes. This can be stored at room temperature.
- For one batch of soup, rinse one and a half bean mix under water. Then you will place the beans in a pot. To this you will add 5 qts. of water, 1 tbsp. of oil, and one fourth c. of seasoning mix.
- Add 1 regular can of tomatoes to this and then stir.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and reduce then and then just cover the pot.
- You will then simmer this around 2 1/2 hrs., at least until the beans are soft.
The Cookwinslow1204 Centerville, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!