Strawberry Coconut-Pecan CakeFrom paprikamama 8 years ago
How to make it
- Mix cake mix and Jello; blend. Add Wesson oil, eggs (one at a time),
- thawed strawberries, coconut and pecans. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9 inch cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let set in pans 10 minutes and then cool on wire rack.
- STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup fresh ripe strawberries, rinsed, capped and mashed to make 1/2 cup then drained well
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened grated coconut, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar.
- Rinse strawberries, hull and mash to make 1/2 cup.
- Drain the mashed berries well. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.