Fluffy Asparagus QuicheFrom lesliegw 5 years ago
- 1 deep-dish pie crust, cooked according to packaged directions shopping list
- 8-10 stalks of fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 cup cottage cheese (I used small curd) shopping list
- 3/4 lb. swiss cheese (I used a .8 lb block of Jarlsberg semi-soft swiss) shopping list
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil half a cup of water is small saucepan and add asparagus pieces. Cover and turn off the heat. Let the asparagus steam while you are preparing the rest of the dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric beater until well blended. Blend in the cream, mustard, salt, pepper and paprika. With a spoon, stir in cheese. Combine thoroughly.
- Drain asparagus. Lay out asparagus pieces flat in the bottom of the cooked pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over the asparagus. Place pie into preheated oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle crumbled bacon over top of cooked quiche.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.