Country Ham Pot PieFrom blueeyes68ky 6 years ago
- 3 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6-8 oz. pkg. chopped counrty ham bits shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon powdered ham base (available in soup aisle) shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 small bag frozen California Blend vegetables (broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into strips shopping list
- egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon water) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Steam vegetables until just tender and drain.
- Melt butter in iron skillet and add country ham pieces.
- Saute a few minutes and stir in flour and ham base.
- Add milk slowly and whisk until well-mixed.
- Fold vegetables into ham mixture and stir gently.
- Add salt and pepper and chopped parsley.
- Lay strips of puff pastry in lattice pattern on top and brush with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven, approximately 25 minutes, until strips are puffed, golden brown, and mixture is bubbly.
- Serves 6.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- hockeybean18 Nowhere, Us
- zoeb Seattle, WA
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- dragonwings647 Duchesne, UT
- swanmitch Andover, MN
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating7 people
I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE TOO GOOD OLE' COMFORT FOODS LOL
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
delicous pot.pie love the veggies thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Awesome pie...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it