Basic Quiche CrustFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup flour, sifted - I would use whole wheat or oat shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, I would use sea salt or omit this all together shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening, I would use that smart butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons very cold water, put it in the freezer for 5 minutes shopping list
- ~optionals~ shopping list
- Add italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper for an egg or meat dish or shopping list
- Add honey or your favorite sweetener to a dessert dish shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour with the salt.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender, or just use 2 knives.
- The pieces should be the size of peas.
- Add the cold water, mix with a fork.
- When the dough gathers into a ball, it can be chilled until ready for use or rolled out immediately.
- This will make one crust that fits most standard quiche and 9 inch pie plates.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!