Incredibly Cheesy Turkey MeatloafFrom moxie2burn 7 years ago
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast shopping list
- 1/2 cup Mesquite or Hickory BBQ Sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup 2% milk shopping list
- 1 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 t. jarred minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 package dried onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 T. finely chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use smoked sea salt) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 8 oz Longhorn colby cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- extra BBQ sauce shopping list
- precooked bacon, 6 strips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix BBQ sauce, milk, and bread crumbs.
- Add ground turkey, garlic, and eggs into milk, BBQ sauce, and bread crumbs.
- Season with parsley, onion soup mix, salt and pepper.
- Evenly fold the cheese cubes into the mixture.
- Transfer to a large loaf pan, and bake on middle shelf for one hour.
- Remove from oven, brush generously with extra BBQ sauce and top with bacon strips.
- Return to oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.