Lemon Grass Tamarind Pork Chops With Green Apple SlawFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 tablespoons minced lemon grass from inner leaves of 3 stalks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon crushed chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 thin cut boneless pork chops shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Slaw: shopping list
- 1 green apple cored and cut into matchstick size pieces shopping list
- 1/2 pound green cabbage cored and chopped into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 cup snow peas ends trimmed and cut into 1” pieces shopping list
- 2 carrots peeled and cut on the diagonal into 1/4" slices shopping list
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender process lemon grass, garlic, onion, tamarind and salt until it forms a smooth paste.
- Season pork on both sides with pepper then slather paste on both sides.
- Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine apple, cabbage, peas, carrots and onion then set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Pour as much as desired over the slaw and toss to combine then add basil and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat broiler then scrape most of the marinade off chops and transfer to foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil turning once until browned and cooked through about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with the slaw.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!