Pork Spirals With Red Pepper SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 12 ounce pork tenderloin shopping list
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach leaves stems removed shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 slightly beaten egg white shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces jarred roasted sweet red peppers drained shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from meat then using sharp knife make a lengthwise cut along center of tenderloin.
- Cut to but not through the opposite side then spread meat open.
- Place meat between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from center to the edges use flat side of a meat mallet to pound meat into rectangle.
- Remove plastic then fold in narrow ends as necessary to make an even rectangle.
- Stack spinach leaves on top of each other then slice crosswise into thin strips.
- In medium bowl stir together spinach, mushrooms, basil, bread crumbs, parmesan and egg white.
- Spread evenly over pork then starting at one of short sides roll up and tie with string.
- Brush surface of meat with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- Arrange medium hot coals around a drip pan and test for medium heat above pan.
- Place meat on grill rack over pan then cover and grill 30 minutes and remove from grill.
- Cover with foil and allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Combine roasted peppers, remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, wine vinegar, garlic and salt.
- Cover and process until smooth then transfer sauce to small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove strings from pork then slice pork and serve with sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!