small pumpkins with stuff in themFrom zoetheunicorn 6 years ago
- 4 golden nugget pumpkins shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive iol shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried chick peas shopping list
- 1 carrot, diced shopping list
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 small leek, halved lengthways and sliced thin shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornflour shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp tumeric shopping list
- 2 tbsp peas (fresh, frozen or tinned whatever) shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato salsa (the kind you use for nachos) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Cut the tops off the pumpkins, scoop out the pulp and seeds, discard.
- Lightly paint the insides with oil and put the lids back on them and put the pumpkins in the oven for an hour.
- Meanwhile, boil the chickpeas in a small saucepan, keep them simmering while youre doing everything else.
- Spray a medium saucepan with oil, add carrot, parsnip and leek and a small amount of the stock. Cook for about 5 mins til the veggies are soft. Stir in the cornflour. Add the remaining stock and spices. Cook til its thick and saucy.
- Stir in drained chick peas, normal peas and salsa.
- Take the pumpkins out of the oven and tip out any juice that has happened in them.
- Sprinkle a little of the cheese in the bottom of each pumpkin, then fill up with the veggie mixture. Sprinkle some more cheese on top, replace the pumpkin lids and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Serve topped with extra salsa and sour cream.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- zoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookzoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!