Pininyahang Manok Pineapple ChickenFrom hnypups 8 years ago
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces shopping list
- 1 can pineapple chunks, set aside the syrup shopping list
- 1 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium-sized onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or coconut milk shopping list
- patis (fish sauce), to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Marinade the chicken with the pineapple syrup for a few minutes.
- Pour the chicken with the marinade in a pot, cook until the marinade evaporates and the chicken is lightly brown. (You’re not exactly frying the chicken–you just want to seal in the juices.)
- When done, set aside the chicken on one side of the pot.
- Add the oil, saute garlic and onions then mix together with the lightly browned chicken and cook for about a minute.
- Add the pineapple chunks then pour the evaporated milk. Cover and bring to a simmer. (If you are using coconut milk, do not cover, otherwise it will curdle).
- By the time the chicken is done, the sauce would be rather thick and creamy, stir then season with patis.
- Simmer again for 2 minutes then turn-off the heat.
- Best serve with steamed rice.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookhnypups Quezon City, PH
- Not added to any groups yet!