Sweet Corn CakesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup masa harina shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 16 ounce package frozen corn kernels thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then grease a square pan.
- Beat butter and shortening in large bowl until fluffy then beat in egg.
- Gradually beat in masa harina then water.
- Stir in remaining ingredients then transfer to prepared pan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake 55 minutes then allow to stand 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!