Baked New Potato Salad With Peanuts And Mustard DressingFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup red skinned peanuts shopping list
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes scrubbed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced red onion shopping list
- 1 large carrot sliced on the diagonal shopping list
- 2 medium ribs celery sliced on the diagonal shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Put peanuts in a small baking pan and toast in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly then rub in a kitchen towel to remove skins and chop coarsely.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and place in a baking pan then toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and toss with vinegar then cool.
- Place red onion in a small bowl and cover with ice water.
- Let sit 20 minutes to reduce acidity.
- Drain and squeeze out the excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil then add carrots and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking then pat dry.
- Combine cooled potatoes, onion, carrots and celery in a large bowl.
- Stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, cilantro, mustards, cumin and several grindings black pepper.
- Combine with vegetables and refrigerate then stir in peanuts just before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!