Cajun Style Sweet Potato And Ham Toss Salad Dated 1971From chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound boiled ham cut into chunks shopping list
- 3 large scallions sliced shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- watercress sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes and enough water to cover in saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low then cover and simmer 15 minutes then drain well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat.
- When hot cook ham, scallions, garlic and black pepper until ham is lightly browned.
- Stir occasionally then add sweet potato chunks and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Combine mustard, vinegar, cayenne and salt then add potato mixture and toss to mix well.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!