German Potato SoupFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 5 pounds potatoes peeled and diced to 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 6 carrots peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 large white onion peeled and diced shopping list
- 4 celery stalks chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 pounds Polish kielbasa sausage shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground shopping list
How to make it
- Put potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a large pot then add water to cover about 1”.
- Add half the salt then cover with lid and set on medium flame.
- Cut sausage into 2” pieces.
- Add water to cover bottom of frying pan and cook sausage piercing skin as it starts to harden.
- When cooked through remove sausage to cutting board and dice into 1/2" pieces and add to soup.
- Add parsley, black pepper, red pepper, remaining salt and garlic.
- Cover and continue cooking on low heat for 2 hours then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!