Tomato Roasted Beet And Pickled Onion SaladFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 6 medium beets trimmed leaving 1” of stems attached shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups cider vinegar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 small red onions cut into 1/2" thick wedges shopping list
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wrap beets tightly in foil to make 2 packages and roast in middle of oven 1-1/2 hours.
- While beets roast simmer vinegar, water, sugar and spices stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add onions and simmer stirring for 2 minutes.
- Pour pickled onions with liquid and spices into bowl and cool to room temperature stirring often.
- Unwrap beets and when just cool enough to handle slip off skins and remove stems.
- Cut beets into 1/2" thick wedges and transfer to a serving bowl with tomatoes.
- Drain pickled onions in a sieve set over another bowl and discard allspice.
- Add onions with remaining spices and 2 tablespoons pickling liquid to beets and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!