Chilled Cream Of Green Tomato SoupFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 large cooking onion chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
- 4 large green tomatoes peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 large potato peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- sour cream and fresh mint for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan over medium low heat combine oil, garlic, onion and curry powder.
- Cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes then add tomatoes, potato, broth, mint and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Puree in several batches in a blender then stir in cream and let soup mixture cool.
- Season with salt, white pepper and additional sugar if needed.
- Cover and chill 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Serve cold with a dollop of sour cream and fresh mints.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!