Creamy Polenta With Sage And Roasted Wild MushroomsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1-3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup polenta shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh sage shopping list
- 2/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 3 rosemary sprigs shopping list
- 3 thyme sprigs shopping list
- 4 cups wild mushrooms shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring water, stock and minced garlic to boil in heavy ovenproof pan over medium high heat.
- Gradually stir in polenta then reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Cover and transfer to oven then bake until thick but still creamy stirring occasionally 45 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in heavy small skillet to 375 then fry fresh sage leaves in batches until crisp.
- Using slotted spoon transfer to paper towels and drain then season with salt.
- Remove polenta from oven and stir in sour cream, cheeses and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper then spoon polenta on plates and top with mushrooms.
- Garnish with fried sage and serve immediately.
- To make mushrooms preheat oven to 475 and line baking sheets with foil.
- Combine garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary and thyme in bowl.
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat then arrange in single layer on foil.
- Roast until mushrooms are tender and slightly crisp on edges about 25 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!