Black Forest Ice Cream And Cherry SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kirsch shopping list
- 2 cups fresh unsweetened tart red cherries pitted shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 4 cups half and half shopping list
- 3 beaten eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together 1/4 cup of the sugar and kirsch until sugar dissolves.
- Chop cherries then add to mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In saucepan stir together remaining sugar, cocoa powder, cream and salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture almost boils and sugar dissolves.
- Stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the eggs then return all to saucepan.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes then cool.
- Drain cherries and reserve juice.
- In ice cream freezer container combine cherries, cocoa mixture and vanilla.
- Freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- In saucepan combine reserved cherry liquid and cornstarch then cook and stir until thickened.
- Cook 1 minute longer then serve warm over ice cream.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!