Whole Wheat CupcakesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups stone ground whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup grated unpeeled apples shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- For the frosting ( may be optional ) shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a regular muffin tin with paper liners.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together.
- Add the honey, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat together.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in another bowl.
- Add about one-third of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, then about one-half of the apples.
- Repeat with the flour, then apples, then flour to complete the mixing.
- Mix until just combined.
- Add the nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- The recipe will make about 24 cupcakes.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Let it cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, mix the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add the powdered sugar and the water a bit at time and mix to a spreadable consistency.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
if this is like carrot cake, I know I would love itherby in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cupcake Love96 members
All Holidays135 members
Bake Sale126 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Companys Coming115 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members