Lumpiang Sariwa Vegetable RollFrom hnypups 7 years ago
- vegetABLE FILLING: shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 lb ground pork shopping list
- 1/3 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce shopping list
- 1/2 lb green beans, french cut shopping list
- 1 small cabbage shredded, (approx 2 lbs) shopping list
- 1 large carrots, julienned shopping list
- 1 chayote, julienned shopping list
- 10 romaine lettuce leaves, cut into 2 horizontally shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- WRAP: shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- GARNISH/TOPPINGS: shopping list
- 6-8 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- VEGETABLE FILLING:
- Saute garlic and onions in oil. Add pork and saute until fat begins to render. Add water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer until pork is tender. Add shrimp and fish sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Add vegetables and stir-fry 5-10 minutes, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Drain in a strainer and cool.
- Combine eggs and salt. Gradually add flour, alternating with milk. Beat with a whisk until smooth. Beat in oil gradually. Refrigerate batter 1 hour.
- To cook, brush a nonstick pan with oil and place over low heat. Ladle in 2 tablespoons batter, swirl to cover pan and pour off excess. Cook until the wrapper can be lifted with a spatula without sticking (if batter bubbles, the pan is too hot). Turn and cook just to warm the other side. Set aside and cover with a towel to keep warm. You can also keep the wrappers in a tortilla warmer.
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. Transfer into a gravy boat just before serving.
- Remove the brown skin on the peanuts and pulse in a food processor or grinder until finely chopped. Transfer into a condiment dish or small bowl. Set Aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- Place a lettuce leaf in the center of a wrapper. Add 2 tablespoons filling. Fold bottom of wrapper over filling; wrap one side over filling and roll to the other side. The edge of the lettuce will stick out. Seal edge with water. Wrap each lumpia in wax paper. Serve with sauce, minced garlic and chopped peanuts.
The Cookhnypups Quezon City, PH
- Not added to any groups yet!