Root vegetable and Garbanzo chick pea curryFrom moomin 7 years ago
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or other seed oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 red onion shopping list
- 1 cup cooked garbanzos chick peas shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter shopping list
- Handful fresh coriander - available from Indian/Asian food stores shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder shopping list
- (Or mixed curry seeds plus small amount cayenne pepper) shopping list
- 500g to 750g Root vegetables in season, shopping list
- for example a combination of shopping list
- potatoes shopping list
- carrots shopping list
- parsnips shopping list
- sweet potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and fry gently in the oil in a heavy casserole dish until softened.
- Finely chop and add the coriander, then the curry spices, and finally the peanut butter and give it all a good stir.
- Chop all the vegetables into 1.5cm/half inch cubes (roughly)
- Place the vegetables in the dish and stir so these are coated with the garlic, onion, curry and oil mixture, and allow to fry gently for a few minutes.
- Add the chick peas/garbanzos and stir again.
- Finally, add water or vegetable stock, making sure it just covers everything.
- Put the lid on the dish then turn up the heat until the liquid is bubbling, then turn down the heat and allow it to cook slowly for an hour and a half.
- Serve on its own with chunks of warm French bread, or with rice or couscous.
- Tastes even better the next day. If reheating, make sure it is heated so it's piping hot.
The Cookmoomin Newcastle, GB
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!