Slow Cooker Beef StewFrom banker_girl24 5 years ago
- 3 cups potato cubes or mini potatoes, halved shopping list
- 2 cups each, baby carrots and sliced celery shopping list
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb (about 750 g) stewing beef cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp canola oil] shopping list
- 2 cups Ready-to-use beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sause shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine vegetables in 41/2 qt. slow cooker. Add bay leaves
- Place stewing beef, flour and pepper ino sealable platic bag and toss to coat beef.
- Brown beef well on all sides in heated oil over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet. Place beef onto of vegetables in slow cooker.
- Add broth, worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic to skillet and combine well with pan drippings. Pour mixture over beef and vegetables.
- Cook, covered on High setting for 4 hours, or until the beef reacbes an internal temp of 165'F and is fork tender. (or on Low for 7-8 hrs)
- Discard bay leaves before serving.