Super Easy Chicken n RiceFrom katzilla 8 years ago
- 1 chicken leg quarter or large chicken breast (enough chicken to feed two people). shopping list
- 1 box of 'side dish' rice. (Uncle Ben's, rice-a-Roni, or store brand), any flavor you want! shopping list
- 2 cups boiling water. shopping list
- 2 cups frozen vegetables, whatever kind you want. shopping list
- seasonings to your taste. shopping list
- Shredded cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- ::For the sake of being a little more specific, I will be using a leg quarter, chicken flavored rice, and frozen broccoli::
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a flat bottom casserole dish, mix the rice, seasoning packet and water. Stir until mixed.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken. Lay on top of the rice mixture.
- Season chicken to taste. I usually use freshly ground sea salt, garlic, chicken seasoning, and lemon pepper.
- Cover and bake for 45min.
- Add broccoli (and cheddar; optional), mix slightly.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 10-15 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- You may leave the cover off for 5 minutes or so to let the chicken brown on top.
- Cut the quarter in half and serve with rice.
The Cookkatzilla Saginaw, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!