Pasta Fagioli With SausageFrom dcwins 4 years ago
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 med yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 med carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 rib of celery, diced shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled & diced shopping list
- 2 c canned diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 4 c chicken broth, canned or homemade shopping list
- 1/2 lb chorizo or other cooked sausage sliced into 1/2" rounds shopping list
- 1 c cooked & rinsed (if canned) cannellini or other white beans shopping list
- 1/2 c ditalini or other short tubular pasta shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 T fresh basil leaves, minced shopping list
- 2 T fresh parsley leaves, minced shopping list
- 2 T grated Parmesan, Romano, or combination of these cheeses shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan or stockpot.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery & garlic.
- Stir & cook over medium heat until the onion is soft, ~ 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes & broth (if you can find these without salt or MSG, its preferable).
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the sausage rounds.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans & pasta & cook, stirring often, until the pasta is done, ~ 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper, remembering that the sausage may be salty.
- Add the basil & parsley.
- Serve with a sprinkling of cheese.
- PS: You can prepare this ahead of time, stopping before adding the beans & pasta; add those & the rest of the ingredients shortly before serving.
The Cookdcwins Clinton, MO
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!