Buttermilk PancakesFrom despinap 6 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs; lightly beated shopping list
- 3 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted; plus 1/2 t for griddle shopping list
How to make it
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine.
- Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Heat oven to 175 degrees.
- Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it.
- If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough.
- Using a pastry brush, brush remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter or reserved bacon fat onto griddle.
- Wipe off excess.
- Using a 4-ounce ladle, about 1/2 cup, pour pancake batter, in pools 2 inches away from one other.
- When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over.
- Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven.
- Serve warm.