Tomato Legume SauceFrom cheapasfree 6 years ago
- 1 cup any combination white or garbanzo bean or sweet pea puree shopping list
- 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 t pre-minced) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon (yes Tablespoon) dried basil leaves shopping list
- 1 t white sugar (I use evaporated cane juice) shopping list
- 1/2 t italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 t dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
- 1/8 t ground black or white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Blend together bean/pea puree and tomato sauce.
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil on medium-low until onion is translucent.
- Add spices to onion and garlic and sautee for three minutes more.
- Add Bean/tomato puree to sautee and heat until simmering
- Simmer five to ten minutes.
- Serve over pasta or preferred carbohydrate.
The Cookcheapasfree Salt Lake City, UT
- Not added to any groups yet!