Food Storage Bean SoupFrom cheapasfree 7 years ago
- 1 lb various beans shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 c tomato paste shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic or 3/4 t powdered garlic shopping list
- 8 cups water or vegetable, or chicken stock shopping list
- 1 onion or 1 T onion powder (2 t if using stock) shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup dehydrated or 4 fresh diced red and green bell peppers shopping list
- 8 cups water if using fresh bell peppers, ten if using dehydrated shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans in eight cups water overnight, or bring to a boil, turn off, and soak 1 1/2 hours. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- If using fresh ingredients, sautee onions in olive oil five minutes, add bell peppers, sautee five more minutes, then add garlic. If using dry ingredients, just add olive oil to pan.
- Add water.
- Whisk in tomato paste.
- Add beans, bay leaves, and, if using them, other dry ingredients.
- Boil 1 1/2 hours until beans are tender.
The Cookcheapasfree Salt Lake City, UT
- Not added to any groups yet!