Green Beans With Spicy Tomatoes And AlmondsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 pounds fresh string green beans shopping list
- 15 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies shopping list
- 4 ounces sliced almonds shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 gallon water shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olives oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Remove string and tips from green beans and wash in cold water.
- Put sliced almonds in small skillet and toast until golden about 5 minutes.
- Heat water in a large stockpot over high until just on verge of light boil then add green beans.
- Blanch 1 minute then remove to large bowl filled with water and ice to halt the cooking.
- In large skillet heat olive oil on medium until wisps of smoke begin to rise.
- Add tomatoes and sauté 2 minutes then add chopped garlic.
- Add green beans to skillet and let them sauté 5 minutes.
- Shake and move skillet around so each bean gets coated with oil then turn off heat.
- Season with salt and pepper then add toasted almonds and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!