Pecan Crusted CatfishFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 catfish fillets shopping list
- 1 pound finely ground pecans shopping list
- 1 cup finely ground cornmeal shopping list
- 1 quart buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 5 large lemons shopping list
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley well chopped shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Wash catfish fillets under cold water then pat dry with paper towels.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the fish.
- Mix finely ground pecans with cornmeal and season with salt and pepper, paprika and cayenne.
- Soak fillets in buttermilk for 2 minutes then dip in pecan mixture and set aside on cake rack.
- Allow to set on rack for 30 minutes to allow crust to firm up.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium and add one stick of the butter mixed with olive oil.
- When hot carefully slide catfish into the skillet and sauté 5 minutes per side.
- When fillets are done place on cake rack and keep warm in 200 degree oven.
- After all four fillets are done pour off remaining butter and wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- Place skillet back on stove over medium heat adding half of remaining butter.
- When butter ceases bubbling and water has evaporated throw all of the parsley leaves into skillet.
- Allow them to fry 1 minute then remove skillet from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Add remaining butter then lower heat and return skillet to stove and swirl contents to blend.
- Allow butter to reduce a few minutes then pour over fillets when served.