Refried Bean TacosFrom frugal_foodie 7 years ago
- 1 can (14 oz) refried beans (I use the vegetarian kind) shopping list
- 1 cup prepared salsa shopping list
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies, drained shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or monterey jack cheese (I usually prefer to use less. Feel free to experiment) shopping list
- 1/2 cup black olives, halved (use more/less if you want) shopping list
- 8 flour tortillas or taco shells shopping list
- lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, etc for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Dump the refried beans, salsa, and green chilies into a saucepan and turn heat to low-medium.
- Bring the bean mixture to a boil. While you wait for the beans to heat up, warm your tortillas in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Once the beans are boiling, add the cheese and black olives and stir well. Once the cheese is melted, put mixture on tortillas and taco shells, garnish with lettuce, sour cream, etc, and enjoy!
- Watch the beans when they're heating up that they don't burn.
- This mixture also makes a great dip for tortilla chips!