Salmon Burgers With Lemon and CapersFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 5 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 ounce jar capers drained and chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds chilled skinless salmon fillets cut into 1” pieces bones removed shopping list
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from French bread shopping list
- 2 large eggs beaten to blend shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 10 hamburger buns split and toasted shopping list
- mayonnaise shopping list
- lettuce leaves shopping list
- tomato slices shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté until translucent about 4 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high then add wine, lemon juice and drained capers.
- Cook until almost all liquid evaporates about 12 minutes.
- Transfer shallot mixture to large bowl then refrigerate 1 hour.
- Using on off turns coarsely grind salmon fillets in processor.
- Add salmon to shallot mixture then mix in breadcrumbs, eggs, dill, salt and pepper.
- Form salmon mixture into 10 patties dividing equally.
- Transfer to baking sheet then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Working in batches add salmon patties to skillet and cook until patties are golden brown.
- Serve salmon burgers on toasted buns with mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato slices.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!