Pork in Chile SauceFrom dione73 8 years ago
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped shopping list
- 1c no-salt-added tomato puree shopping list
- 1 small poblano chile, cored, seeded and chopped (see note) shopping list
- 1 large shallot or 1/2 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/8t chipotle chili powder or regular chili powder shopping list
- 1/4t dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 1/8t black pepper shopping list
- 6oz boneless pork chop, cut into 1" chunks shopping list
- 1/4t salt (optional) shopping list
- 2 warm corn or whole-wheat tortillas (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place all but tortillas in slow cooker; mix well. Cook on low 5-6 hours. Serve with tortillas if desired.
- Note: For a moderately hot flavor, use 1/4c chopped poblano.
- works best in 1.5qt slow cooker
- Serves 2: calories 217, fat 7g (28%), protein 22g, carbs 20g, chol 54mg, fiber 3g, sodium 89mg
The Cookdione73 US, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!