Friendlys Peanut Butter SauceFrom hanh32 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (you can use half and half) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used 3 tablespoon) shopping list
- 1/4 cup light Karo syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I used 1/8 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients (except peanut butter) in a saucepan stirring constantly until all ingrediients are dissolved. Let the mixture cool completely then add the peanut butter and stir well. It will look like a mess, but keep stirring and it wil turn out smooth but still have the grain texture...just like Friendly's!
- This does not make very much if you want some for leftovers...so double or triple the recipe. Also if you want to cut down the sugar (If you use peanut butter that taste sweet already...use less sugar)...I did not fully fill the 1/4 cup and it was still good and sweet. Most of the recipes asked you to add the peanut butter to the heat mixture, but when I did that...it took away the grainy texture and color away. It turned it dark and paste like.
The Cookhanh32 Avonlake, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!