Savory Bread Pudding With Asparagus Fontina And HerbsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 12 slices dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 pound asparagus shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated romano cheese shopping list
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese slivered shopping list
- 4 ounces swiss cheese slivered shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter cut into small bits shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread in a single layer in shallow dish then pour milk over top.
- Let soak until bread has absorbed the milk and becomes soft about 30 minutes.
- Press bread slices to extract the milk then measure the milk.
- You should have 1/2 cup milk left after squeezing.
- If not make up difference with additional milk as needed then set milk and bread aside.
- While bread is soaking trim asparagus removing woody ends.
- Cut stalks on diagonal into thin slivers and arrange on steamer rack.
- Place over gently boiling water then cover and steam 3 minutes.
- Immediately place asparagus under cold running water then drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 then butter a 3 quart mold.
- In bowl beat eggs, salt, pepper and milk until well blended.
- Layer one third of the bread in the prepared dish.
- Set 8 asparagus aside and top bread layer with half the remaining asparagus and herbs.
- Spread one third of each of the cheeses over the asparagus.
- Repeat layers using 1/2 remaining bread and all asparagus and herbs and 1/2 the cheeses.
- Arrange remaining bread on top and spread remaining cheeses over top.
- Garnish with reserved asparagus slivers then pour milk egg mixture over layers.
- Dot with butter then bake in preheated over for 45 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!