Amandas Carmel Bread PuddingFrom kcangel63 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Butter a 9 inch baking dish. (You may want to go ahead and put into pan that will have the hot water for the water bath. That way you don't have to do it when it's full.)
- Put bread crumbs in baking dish.
- Melt butter in pan on stove and add brown sugar. Heat until bubbly. Stir constantly.
- Add milk to sugar/butter mixture. Heat until just warm.
- Beat eggs and vanilla together.
- Add eggs to warm milk mixture. **If you haven't put the baking dish into another dish for the water bath... do so now**
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Add boiling water to hot water bath pan.
- Bake in oven 40-50 minutes.
- It should come out when a knife inserted comes out clean. The pudding should still look moist and the knife will have some moisture on it. The pudding will be slightly firm to the touch.