Sausage Stuffed ManicottiFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 10 uncooked manicotti shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 ib. sweet Italian turkey sausage shopping list
- 11/2c chopped onion shopping list
- 1c chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 2Tbs butter shopping list
- 2Tbs flour shopping list
- 2c fat-free milk shopping list
- 1/8 tspo black pepper shopping list
- 11/2c (6oz) shredded part-skim mozzarellla cheese shopping list
- 2c tomato-basil sauce shopping list
- 1/4c grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan;cook 5 mins or till browned,stirring to crumble.Add onion and bell pepper to pan;saute 5 mins or till tender.
- Melt butter in a med. saucepan over med. heat. Stir in flour;cook 2 mins.,stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat;gradually add milk,stirring with a whisk. Return pan to heat;bring to boil. Cook 6 mins or till thickened;stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat;stir in black pepper. Add 1/2 c milk mixture to sausage mixture;stir well. Pre heat oven to 350.
- Spoon about 1/3c sausage mixture into each manicotti;arrange manicotti in a single layer in 13 x9" baking dish coated with cookingspray.. Sprinkle mozzarella over manicotti;spread remaining sausage mixture evenly over the mozzarella. Top sausage mixture with pasta sauce,spreading to cover. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 35 mins or till bubbly.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
love all the ingredients in this especially the Turkey sausage and Bell Pepper thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
OH YAA! This sounds great! Since I have all the ingredients I may give this recipe a try in the next couple days. I have some wonderful locally made Italian bulk sausage...I'm hoping it will work just as well in this recipe. I'll let you know. I alwa...moregrumpybaker in Jacksonville loved it