Black Beans And Tofu ChiliFrom thenewagecook 5 years ago
- 1 (16oz.) package of extra-firm tofu (drained and pressed) shopping list
- 1 (15oz.) can of chopped tomatoes (drained if using canned) shopping list
- 1 (8oz.) can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and diced) or 1 Tblsp of salsa verde shopping list
- 1 (4oz.) can of chopped green chilies or 1 green bell pepper 1 cup of corn or 1 (15oz) can of yellow posole (drained) shopping list
- 1 Tblsp of olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped or paste) shopping list
- 1 (15oz.) can of black beans (drained & rinsed) if using for taco filing. shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp of chili powder shopping list
- ½ tsp of dried oregano shopping list
- ½ tsp of ground cumin shopping list
- ½ tsp of ground coriander shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of hot pepper sauce salt & black pepper (to taste) shopping list
- For Tacos, Burritos or Enchiladas: 12 warm soft corn tortillas, 3 cups of shredded green leaf lettuce, 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese, sour cream. shopping list
How to make it
- Put drained and pressed tofu, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt & pepper into a bowl and mash together with a fork. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a wide heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Add garlic and the onions and green chilies and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add tofu mixture, the corn, the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has evaporated for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the black beans and stir well and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve Black Beans & Tofu with white or brown rice or in tortillas, topped with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese or over pasta.