Chocolate ice cream cake recipeFrom nainajani 7 years ago
How to make it
- How to make chocolate ice cream cake
- 1. The day before the party, stand a 23cm springform tin on a sheet of baking paper, draw around the tin, then cut out the circle of baking paper and lay in the base of the tin.
- If you make this as soon as you bring the shopping home, the ice cream will be soft enough to spread easily. Otherwise, you'll need to take it out of the freezer for about 20 minutes, to soften. Don't freeze any leftovers.
- 2. Tip 2 tubs of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream into the lined tin and spread around evenly using a palette knife (a large, flat, flexible knife with no sharp edges).
- 3. Spread the strawberry ice cream on top of the chocolate ice cream, then top with the last tub of chocolate ice cream. Cover and place on a flat surface in the freezer overnight, or for up to 3 days.
- 4. Meanwhile, put a sheet of baking paper onto a baking tray. Unwrap the chocolate and hold it over the tray. Pull a vegetable peeler along the long thin edge of the chocolate to make curly strips, letting the strips fall onto the tray (don't touch them – they'll break easily). Keep going until the chocolate gets too small to handle – you can eat the leftovers! Put the tray of chocolate curls in the fridge to firm up overnight.
- 5. About 15 minutes before serving, take the ice cream cake out of the freezer and find a serving plate big enough for it.
- 6. Run a knife that has been dipped briefly in hot water around the edges of the tin. Unclip the tin sides. Ask an adult to ease a palette knife under the base, then slide the cake onto the serving dish. Use the palette knife to lift the chocolate curls onto the cake. Use a hot knife to cut the cake into slices, discarding the baking paper as you go.
The Cooknainajani DUBAI, AE
- Not added to any groups yet!