Butter Cinnamon And Nutty Fruit TwistsFrom lenora 5 years ago
- butter Twists: rich sour dough recipe made with only 1 tablespoon of sugar shopping list
- 2-3 cups of granulated sugar shopping list
- cinnamon Twists: Add 2-3 tsps of cinnamon, or to taste, to the sugar before rolling the pastry shopping list
- Nut and fruits Twists: Sprinkle the pastry with raisins and nuts or candied fruits to your taste before folding in half and cutting in strips. shopping list
How to make it
- On a lightly floured board, roll the chilled dough into a rectangle about 1/3 inch thick. Sprinkle generously with sugar. Fold the dough in thirds, like a business letter.
- Wrtap in floured foil or parchment paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place the pastry with one of the open ends facingf you and roll again to a 1/3 inch thickness. Sprinkle with sugar and fold again. Chill repeat the procedure one more time.
- Divide the dough in half and roll into 8X16 inch rectangles.
- Sprinkle with sugar and fold in half to make 4X16 inch rectangles. Cut in strips 1 inch wide and 4 inches long.
- Dip the strips in sugar, twist the ends, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Place the strips on ungreased baking sheets and press the ends down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.